Dental Veneer Options in Winter Garden, Florida
Dental Veneers in Winter Garden, FL
Your smile is a very noticeable feature. Damaged, discolored, or worn-down teeth can leave you feeling self-conscious about your smile. Thankfully, there are options available to improve the appearance of your teeth. At The Smile Home in Winter Garden, Florida, we can use dental veneers to give you a bright, uniform smile.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are very thin shells attached permanently to the surface of your teeth. They are designed to match your teeth’s natural color, size, and shape. The goal of veneers is to improve the appearance of your smile. Veneers are made from either porcelain or resin composite, and they look like a little like a fingernail.
Who Needs Veneers?
Veneers fall under the category of cosmetic dentistry. Their main purpose is to improve the aesthetics of your teeth. If you want to improve the overall look of your teeth, you may be a good candidate for dental veneers. Veneers solve these types of problems:
- Worn-down teeth. Over time, your teeth may start looking old and worn down from so much use. Uneven, chipped teeth can be hidden behind a dental veneer.
- Discolored teeth. Do you have a tooth that looks stained or darker than the rest? A tooth veneer can help. It’s also possible to use multiple veneers to brighten the color of all your visible teeth.
- Broken teeth. Chips and cracks don’t have to ruin your smile.
- Misshaped teeth. Some teeth have a strange shape. A veneer can make your smile more uniform.
- Gaps between teeth. Veneers can hide the gaps with a totally natural look.
What’s Better: Veneers or Whitening?
If you are interested in a whiter smile, you may be wondering if you should get professional teeth whitening or if you should hide those discolored teeth behind veneers. Here are some factors to help you decide:
- Tooth veneers allow you to choose the exact shade of white that you want.
- Veneers for your teeth are stain-resistant, and they will last a long time.
- Getting veneers is a more invasive procedure than teeth whitening, but it can improve the color of your smile in situations where teeth whitening won’t help. For example, teeth whitening doesn’t always improve teeth that are brown or gray.
- Although the veneer process is longer and more expensive than teeth whitening, the overall result is more permanent and higher quality.
Still not sure which route to take? Ask Dr. Carrillo at The Smile Home. He has experience in cosmetic dentistry, and he will help explain your options for brighter, whiter teeth.
What’s the Difference Between a Veneer and a Crown?
The main difference between a dental veneer and a dental crown is its purpose. Veneers are for aesthetic purposes. They are very thin, and they are bonded to only the front of the tooth. Crowns, on the other hand, are restorative. They completely cover up the tooth, protecting it and keeping it from any further damage.
What are the Advantages of Dental Veneers?
Veneers might not be actual miracle-workers, but they come pretty close! As you consider the different cosmetic dentistry options available to you, think about these advantages of veneers:
- They correct cosmetic problems such as chips, cracks, gaps, and minor unevenness.
- They whiten your smile to the exact shade you desire.
- They cover teeth with damaged enamel.
- They are very durable and can last 10 or more years.
- They increase your self-confidence.
If you would like to talk to a dentist about whether or not dental veneers will work on your teeth, please give us a call at 407-863-0476. The friendly staff at The Smile Home looks forward to helping you make your smile more beautiful than ever!