Choose The Smile Home for Dental Implant Surgery
Dental Implants in Winter Garden, FL
Trying to find the right dental provider for dental implant surgery isn’t easy. But if you’re dealing with damaged or missing teeth, it’s a procedure that has to be done. Dental implant surgery has become a great option for people who don’t want dentures or bridges. This procedure has helped more than 5.5 million people restore their smiles and improve the health of their teeth.
At The Smile Home located in the Winter Garden, FL area, our seasoned dentist Dr. Ricardo C. Carrillo, DDS specializes in cosmetic dentistry services including dental implant surgery. He could work with you in assessing whether this type of surgery is the right fit for you and your needs. Here’s everything you need to know about this procedure.
What is Dental Implant Surgery?
Dental implant surgery replaces your damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth that look and function like the real ones. It also replaces the roots of your teeth with metal, screw-like posts. Dental implant surgery normally may take several procedures.
One of the benefits of opting for this dental surgery is the solid support you’ll receive from your new teeth. The implants can help support a healthy bite and are proven to keep your teeth in their proper place at all times. Dental implants are also beneficial in decreasing bone deterioration in your teeth. Because dental implants look and function like real teeth, they give you the ultimate confidence when smiling and eating your favorite foods.
Different Types of Dental Implants
The Smile Home offers three different types of dental implant options to provide you the best option. These include the single tooth dental implant, an implant-supported bridge, and an implant-retained denture. Let’s examine these types further by sharing their positive and negatives.
- Single Tooth Dental Implant– The single tooth dental implant involves replacing a single missing tooth. It requires one post and one crown. The procedure replaces your entire missing tooth from root to crown.
- Implant-supported Bridge– This procedure could save you money if you have more than one damaged or missing teeth. The implant-supported bridge securely replaces multiple damaged teeth in a row.
- Implant-retained Denture– If you are missing a more significant amount of your teeth, then this procedure is ideal for you. The great thing about this procedure is it is a great alternative to wearing regular dentures. This procedure permanently secures your dentures with four implants along your arch.
How long do Dental Implants Last?
The amount of time your implants could last depends on a lot of factors. Some of these could be your overall lifestyle or dental hygiene. While implants generally last a long time, factors like preexisting conditions, diseases, and implant misuse are contributing factors in their deterioration. However, your dental implants could last a lifetime with proper maintenance of brushing and flossing. When trying to dig deep into how long a dental implant normally lasts, it’s important to consider the three components of an implant. These are the implant, abutment, and the crown.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
So how do you know if you’re a good candidate for dental implants? The best way to know is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Carrillo at The Smile Home. He will evaluate your situation and help you understand your options.
- You don’t smoke tobacco.
- You want the convenience of implants.
- You have healthy oral tissues.
- You are willing to commit several months to the implant process.
The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for dental implants is to consult with our dentist, Dr. Carrillo, DDS. He has over 15 years of experience restoring smiles with these types of procedures. In the event you are not a good candidate for dental implant surgery, he can still offer you other options to improve your smile.